by Mary Green and Julie Stanley
With new frontiers to claim across the Atlantic, not to mention a large Spanish reward, learn about what it took for Christopher Columbus to discover a new continent using these fantastic new songs and script, recorder and drum music. Olé!
Scroll down to listen to song clips
Availability: In Stock
About Christopher Columbus
In 1492, everyone thought Columbus was crazy to sail west into the unknown! Learn about his adventures across the Atlantic on ships Santa Maria, Pinta and Niña. Share in the crew's struggle with provisions, celebrate as they eventually catch sight of dry land and meet the natives of San Salvador as they drum, dance and trade with the visitors.
Includes five fantastic songs, recorder and drum music, four pages of cross-curricular ideas and extension work, and a class performance script. There’s even the opportunity to choreograph a native dance to perform alongside the drum music.
We’ve also made it easy to support your curriculum requirements by providing an additional song Great Explorers, which compares land explorer Christopher Columbus with space explorer Neil Armstrong! Check out our new History title Neil Armstrong for more great resources.
Christopher Columbus includes Words on Screen™ songs on its enhanced CD.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teacher's Book with:
- Full script for the class performance, to showcase what has been learnt
- Cast list and staging
- 4 pages of creative cross-curricular topic ideas and extension work
- Music score and lyrics sheets for 4 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Piano score and recorder part for Spanish Music
- Drumming part for The Natives’ Greeting
- Includes FREE performance licence for performing on school premises to an audience of staff, pupil and their families
Enhanced CD (for use with a computer and CD player) with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks, including Spanish Music instrumental track
- All songs in our Words on Screen™ software, where the songs are displayed onto any whiteboard or screen and the words synchronise with the music
- Printable script
- Printable lyric sheets for songs
|Running Time||20 minutes approx.|
|Sample Script||View sample script (56KB)|
|Cast List||View cast list (53KB)|
|Words on Screen™||What is Words on Screen™? Click here to view a Words on Screen™ tutorial video by Gemma Hunt.|
|Words on Screen™ System Requirements|
Click here for system requirements.
You are free to use the material in Christopher Columbus for all teaching purposes. The performance of musicals or songs to an audience and the reproduction of scripts, lyrics and music scores are subject to licensing requirements by law. However, when performing this title within a school setting, no licence is required as it is included within the purchase price. If you wish to perform this title on other premises, please call 1 800 850 777.