Angel Express - An Early Years Christmas Musical for Children
Angel Express is a brilliant Chrstmas musical that follows the excitement of heaven’s host of angels as they hurriedly practise a new song for the birth of baby Jesus – this will have to be an express production! Can the conductor prepare them in time with so many distracting headlines such as ‘Mary and Joseph Leave for Bethlehem’, ‘Enormous Star Seen In the East’ and ‘Three Kings Sighted From Afar’?
With a simple script and easy-to-learn songs from one of Out of the Ark’s most popular writers, Niki Davies, this creative musical take on the nativity story is the only play you will need this Christmas. Look no further for the easy solutions that you have been praying for to expand or reduce a cast list. Children and parents alike will enjoy the solo-singing opportunity in I Only Have A Little Stable, as well as the jubilant whole-cast songs such as News, News and Welcome To The World.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
A Performance Licence is required to perform Angel Express. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teacher's Book with:
- Cast list
- Staging ideas
- Curriculum links
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 7 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
- Extra backing track for 'Welcome, Baby Jesus' including backing vocals for smaller groups.
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this Christmas musical)
- Licence & copyright details
25 minutes approx
(Total length of music: 12 minutes approx)
|Solos/Parts||Song 3: I Only Have A Little Stable - solo for the innkeeper|
|Sample Script||View script sample|
View cast list and staging notes
Cast notes: There are 29 speaking parts and 4 non-speaking parts (including Mary & Joseph). Angels are also required for the choir.
For smaller groups, the least number of performers is 12. This would require most of the cast appearing as choir angels throughout the performance; only 4 angels with approximately 5 speaking lines each; only one angel paperboy and the conductor and narrator’s parts being taken by adults. The three innkeepers could also double up as the three kings.
Whole school: The narrator part is suitable for an adult/older children or could be split between a group of children. Have as many chorister angels as you like as well as adding non-speaking parts for the big star, shepherds, sheep and three kings. You could include additional narrators, angel paperboys and angel reader parts.
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|Licence Information|| |
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a single user licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please select the Instant Performance Licence option which includes extended digital rights, or purchase a separate Standard Performance Licence.
Performance Licence Information
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and Christmas plays purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of Audio CDs for rehearsal purposes
For further information on licensing click here or call our Customer Services team on 1 800 850 777.
When photocopying or reproducing Out of the Ark material, copyright rules apply. Photocopying of song lyrics or music scores may only be carried out if your school/organisation has a relevant photocopying licence. All photocopying must be recorded on the licence log.