A Midwife Crisis
by Gaynor Boddy and Rebecca Kincaid
With the help of a very flustered midwife and her put-upon donkey Steve, the traditional nativity story unfolds in a hilarious but thought-provoking script, which alongside 6 really fun, catchy songs makes A Midwife Crisis the ideal choice for your Christmas production. Now available with Words on Screen™ v2.
A Performance Licence is required to perform A Midwife Crisis. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Scroll down to listen to song clips.
Availability: In Stock
About This Children's Christmas Play
A very busy midwife who never misses an important birth is extremely excited when she hears that a king is about to be born in Bethlehem. She rushes out into the night in search of a shiny golden palace fit for a king. Her donkey Steve doesn’t think he’s ever heard of Bethlehem Palace, but the midwife is in no mood to listen – where else would a king be born?
On reaching Bethlehem, the townspeople, shepherds and kings that they come across haven't heard of Bethlehem Palace either and the Midwife starts to panic. However, with the help of some gospel-singing angels and a very bright star, the Midwife is led to a humble stable to find the very special baby already waiting for her.
With a hilarious script and 6 really fun, catchy songs, this Christmas musical play is the ideal choice for your school's Christmas production.
Now available with a Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM allowing you to display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn!
A Performance Licence is required to perform A Midwife Crisi. You are able to purchase an Instant Performance Licence when you purchase this product, or a Standard Performance Licence at any time. For more information, please see below.
Other Recommended Titles:
Teachers Book with:
- Character list
- Script with staging directions throughout
- Music score and song lyric sheets for 6 songs (Piano music score, melody and chords)
- Licence and copyright details
Audio CD with:
- Vocal tracks sung by children
- Professional backing tracks
Words on Screen™ v2 CD ROM with:
- Extractable MP3s, printable lyrics, scores, scripts & additional resources
- Words on Screen™ v2 versions of songs so that you can display song lyrics on any whiteboard, computer screen, television or interactive touchscreen. The lyrics synchronize with the music as it plays making them easy to teach and easy to learn
- Enhanced operation features including ‘double-click’ to hear and teach a single line
- Words on Screen™ v2 user guide
- Single-User licence (Please note a Performance Licence is still required to perform this Christmas musical)
- Licence & copyright details
35 minutes approx.
(Total length of music: 11 minutes approx.)
Song 1: What A Commotion! - part-singing
Song 3: Star Song - two solo verses for the Star
Song 5: God's Messengers - backing vocals
|Sample Script||View sample script (PDF 88KB)|
View cast list (PDF 79KB)
Cast notes: There are 28 speaking parts that can be easily increased by splitting the narrator's, the census-takers' and the shepherds' lines between more children. To expand this play to include more performers, you could have as many townspeople, sheep and angels as you like.
For smaller groups, the least number of performers is 16. This would require a teacher taking the narrator's part as well as some performers doubling up their roles and reducing other character groups.
|Words on Screen™ v2||What is Words on Screen™ v2? - For more information click here.|
|Words on Screen™ v2 System Requirements||Windows |
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Inter® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32bit) or later, Windows® Server 2008 (32bit)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0 or later or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB RAM recommended for notebooks); 128 MB graphics memory
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512 MB RAM; 128 MB graphics memory
|Licence Information|| |
Words on Screen™ User Licences
¹Included with this option is a single user licence, allowing the Words on Screen™ CD ROM to be installed on ONE computer only.
²To license the installation of the CD ROM onto network servers and/or two or more computers, please select the Instant Performance Licence option which includes extended digital rights, or purchase a separate Standard Performance Licence.
Performance Licence Information
A performance licence is required to perform this copyrighted musical to an audience (other than exclusively to pupils and staff).
- Licences are available as either a Standard Performance Licence or an Instant Performance Licence
- The requirement for a licence is irrespective of whether admission charges are made
- All of our Performance Licences cover any number of performances within the 12 months from date of ordering
- A new Standard Performance Licence would be required for any future performance(s) outside the date period printed on your current licence
In addition, with so many of our musicals and Christmas plays purchased in digital format, teachers need a legal way to install or distribute copies for use around the school. Your Standard or Instant Performance Licence will also cover you for the following digital usages:
- Installing songs for Words on Screen™ on a network or on multiple computers on the school’s premises
- Uploading digital content to the school’s intranet or learning platform
- Copying audio tracks to your computer music library (eg iTunes)
- Permitting usage of software at home for teachers for preparation purposes
- Burning copies of Audio CDs for rehearsal purposes
For further information on licensing click here or call our Customer Services team on 1 800 850 777.
When photocopying or reproducing Out of the Ark material, copyright rules apply. Photocopying of song lyrics or music scores may only be carried out if your school/organisation has a relevant photocopying licence. All photocopying must be recorded on the licence log.